One of the key features of Over the Air is the in-event competition, which gives you a chance to show off the clever and fun ideas you’ve been coding and hacking away at over the course of the event. We’ve had some really great entries over the years, and look forward to seeing many clever innovations again this year.
The hack-a-thon competition entry form is now closed.
The Categories are…drumroll….
- Best in Show (judges selection) – an iPad from Alcatel-Lucent, and $1,000 worth of services from Mob4Hire
- Audience Favourite (audience vote) – $1,000 worth of services from DeviceAnywhere
- The Nokia Qt Challenge – a Nokia N8
- The UnLtd Better Net Challenge – £2,500
- The Telefonica #Blue Challenge – a Playstation 3
- The PayPal X Challenge – an HTC Android Smartphone
- The Ericsson Labs Challenge – a Sony Ericsson Android X10 Mini Pro
- The Orange Mobilise Challenge – an iPhone 4
- Best User Experience – $500 of In-Network Ad Spend from InMobi
- Best use of Open APIs and Open Data – a Motorola DEXT
- Best Android App – a Motorola Milestone
- Best use of Mobile Web – a Sony Ericsson Android X10 Mini Pro
- Best Use of Voice, RFID or Bluetooth – Monotype Imaging Poster
- Best iPhone App – Monotype Imaging Poster
- Best Visual Design – Monotype Imaging Poster
- Best use of Widgets – Monotype Imaging Poster
- Best Hardware Hack- Monotype Imaging Poster
Microsoft will also be giving away an XBox at their discretion – a random extra prize! (and a cool one, I think you’ll agree…)
As well as kudos, glory and general street cred – we also have some lovely prizes for our competition winners courtesy of our very generous Sponsors and Supporters.