We are pleased to announce that the Wholesale Applications Community (WAC) is a Sponsor of Over the Air 2011.
WAC is currently focused on two key streams of work and development. Firstly, the development of a suite of web run times based on HTML5 technology with the addition of mobile specific functionality. This enables developers to create feature rich applications that work across multiple operating systems and device types, without the need for expensive porting or costly re-development. Our simple one stop submission service allows you to get your application to multiple operators apps stores – with services launching in Asia in October 2011.
Secondly, with the support of its member operators and OEMs, WAC has been developing a standard set of network APIs that will allow developers to create and monetise applications that maximise the convenience of cross-operator billing. These are designed to provide end users with a safe, secure, reliable and simple method of purchasing digital goods and services. We have a beta programme ongoing – so let us know if you’re interested in taking part (@wacapps or firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you’re a developer and you’re:
- interested in getting involved in the WAC Network API ‘Beta’ programme
- looking to take advantage of cross-operator billing and other operator enablers
- wanting to maximise downloads and revenue,
- keen to know more about how you can reach millions of customers using WAC’s submission and settlement services or
- looking to understand more about the amazing potential of HTML5 powered web applications……..then come and find us – we’re here to help you make money out of mobile.
We at wacapps.net look forward to seeing you at the Over the Air event. Contact us @wacapps.