We hope you’re as excited as we are!
We’ve seen many new registrations role in over the past two days, so you may have missed some of our messages from the registration platform.
Here is some information that you’ll need as you’re starting to prepare for tomorrow:
1. Check out your travel route to the event. St. John’s Hoxton is at the junction of New North Rd and Pitfield St, a short walk from Old St or Hoxton tube stations, and close to the 271 and 394 bus routes. If you’re driving, the post code is N1 6NP, and you can book parking on the premises for £11 per day.
2. Check out your travel times. We’re opening up registration bright and early at 8:30(there’ll be coffee and tea, plus lots of great local caffs for a take-away), and the whole thing kicks off at 10:00. The Lightning Talks should be finished by around 8:30 or 9:00 if you’re catching a train back – but we hope that you’ll stay overnight with us at the venue! Saturday morning also kicks off at 10:00.
3. Pack your overnight gear. That’s right, you’re welcome to stay with us over night! There is lots of room on the grassy grounds for camping, or roll out your sleeping bag in a cozy corner of the main building (where there will also be a female-only space available). Don’t forget your toothbrush.
4. Pack you chargers, memory cards, laptop, hackable devices, prototyping kit, LEDs, Sugru, drones, nerd-cred t-shirts, emergency chocolate bars, stickers to give away… maybe pre-download a few handy libraries while you’re at it.
5. Bring your own lanyard and show us all of the cool events you’ve been to lately (while also showing us your name).
7. Have a read through of this year’s Hackathon Challenges for some inspiration and ideas about what you might hack.
8. Toss around some ideas with others by joining the conversation on Slackline.
9. Have a quick read of our Hack Day Code of Conduct. We know it’s clear but it is very worth mentioning one more time – ALL are welcome at Over the Air!
10. Get some sleep tonight! …you might not tomorrow 🙂
See you soon!
Margaret & Dan