Over the Air 2010 – Event Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions (the “Terms”) apply to the “Over the Air” event on the 1st & 2nd of June, 2012 (the “Event”) and the Over the Air ‘Hack Day’ competition (the “Competition”).
By entering the Competition, you agree to be bound by the Terms (the entrant being “You” or “Your” and the entrant’s team being the “Team”). The Competition can be entered by completing the Google Docs form that will be announced online and via Twitter during the event.
1 Participation in the Competition
You agree that the personal information (including Your personal information and that of the Team) which You provide when submitting a Competition entry can be processed by the Organisers (as defined below) for the purpose of administering the Competition and this information will not be disclosed to any other third parties. The Organisers reserve the right to contact You after the Event.
2 Competition Entry Criteria
2.1 The Competition gives You or the Team the chance to win a prize, as further described below (“Prize”). The Competition is run by the Event organisers Over the Air Events Ltd (the “Organisers”).
2.2 To be eligible to participate in the Competition:
- You must have read and agreed to the Terms and have completed all mandatory components of the entry form. You will be deemed to have agreed to these by the act of entering into the Competition;
- You must be at least 16 years old;
- You must not be a member of the panel of Judges (as defined below);
- Your entry should be Your or the Team’s own work (as applicable);
- Your entry must not obtain, refer to or link to illegal content; and
3 You must submit Your entry before 10:00 on Saturday the 2nd of June, 2012
4 Competition Judging
- The winner(s) of each Competition will be selected by a panel of judges, including an independent adjudicator (the “Judges”), on the basis of the entry the Judges consider to be the most apt and original. The judging will be conducted on day 2 of the Event and each candidate will have the same opportunity to present their entry to the Judges. Submission of the application (executable, widget code, images, screenshots etc.) in advance of judging may assist the Judges in making their decision.
- The Judges’ decision is final.
5 Competition Prizes
- All Competition prizes have been donated by sponsors or participants of the Event and therefore are subject to change. Where possible, the number and nature of these prizes have been reported on the Event blog at www.overtheair.org
- Any Prize offered during the Event is supplied as is, is non-refundable and non-transferable, and no cash alternative is available. The Organisers reserve the right to substitute any Prize.
- If You are a Competition winner, the Organisers have the right to publish either Your and/or the Team’s name (as applicable) on the Over the Air website (at www.overtheair.org).
- Competition winners will be notified by the Organisers at the Awards Ceremony to be held at 15:00 on Saturday the 2nd of June 2012 in the Marquee at Bletchley Park.
6 Competition Liability
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Organisers are not liable for any damage, loss or disappointment arising out of, or in connection with, Your participation in the Competition.
- The Organisers expressly exclude any liability caused by loss or delay of entries or database failure or failure to record Your entry.
- Any tax liability resulting from winning the Competition will be the responsibility of the winner and the winner must pay any local taxes due.
7 General Competition Terms
- The Organisers reserve the right to withdraw a Prize in case Your or the Team’s code or Your or the Team’s application do not match the criteria set out in paragraph 2.2 above.
- The Organisers reserve the right to cancel or terminate the Competition in the following scenarios: (i) should any cause beyond the Organisers’ control affect the administration or operation of the Competition; and (ii) if the entries to the Competition are of insufficient quantity or quality to allow a meaningful competition to take place, in the Organisers’ opinion.
- A person who is not a party to the Terms (i.e. anyone other than the Organisers and You or the Team (as applicable)) shall have no right under the Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce the Terms in whole or in part.
- The Terms are subject to English law. Both the Organisers and You or the Team (as applicable) submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of English courts.
- The Organisers reserve the right to amend the Terms at any time.